June 14, 2009

DAY 101: SONGS, SIGNS AND WONDERS



We (four generations of us, one of each) continue to have family worship twice a day on most week days, and also attend the twice weekly prayer house worship. The youngest of us is six years and ten months old. She has acquired the habit of worship and has become the self-appointed organizer of worship. Every morning she will get the sitting room ready complete with a cushion for each person to kneel, exercise mats in two rolls, hymn books, Bibles, notebook (for us to write down spirit songs, if any), and ball pens.
The four of us love to sing. We each sing in our own ways. The master of the house used to be the worst singer. The mistress of the house can sing reasonably well. The guest is a spirit-filled intercessor who sings very high pitch songs (mostly spirit songs). The little one sings softly in her own childish way. All cannot read music notes.
Our meeting has four parts: songs, prayer in the Spirit, Bible reading, and more songs.
Initially only the Spirit-filled intercessor visitor could sing spirit song or see visions. The two other grown-ups and the young child had not displayed such gifts. After seeking God for sometime, the master of the house had developed the gift of seeing a bit of visions (in words and in pictures). Lately he developed the gift of singing (followed by interpreting and writing songs) in the spirit.
When the little one joined us for holiday she soon learned to hum songs in the spirit and pray in the spirit. She loves the worship sessions and has participated in and stayed throughout every meeting without fail. Of course she fell asleep (like any normal little child) while prostrating on the floor during late night prayer house meetings. Yesterday morning she participated in the whole Bible reading session in the prayer house. Three of us grown-ups were given the book of Isaiah to read (all sixty-six chapters). The little one helped us to read two chapters. Then she read five chapters in the Gospel of Mark. We finished reading aloud the book of Isaiah in two hours.
The little one is so used to such meetings that yesterday afternoon she voluntarily joined a group of adult ladies’ fellowship and knelt and bowed down with them and prayed in tongue when they were interceding in a home fellowship in this house. The prayer meeting was the first ever since its inception so Spirit-filled and charged up. The usually quiet and subdued ladies were loudly praying in the Spirit and extended the meeting by one hour!
The mistress of the house has been a committed Christian for over twenty years, actively serving God for a long time, recently seeking God in the spirit after attending a course on waiting upon God. She felt disappointed as she saw others heard from God, saw visions, and could sing spirit songs, whereas she could not. She felt she wanted to know God more and was hindered by the lack. She told God her feeling. During the last few days she progressed to seeing visions and yesterday she began to sing in tune as in spirit songs.
All we can say is that we cannot limit God. All we can do is to seek Him with thirst and hunger in our spirits and wait upon Him regardless of our feelings or experiences.
This morning I prayed for my own career and ministry, if any. As I worshipped and prayed in the spirit, I saw myself in two consecutive scenes. First I was playing a guitar to the audience of trees, as in a forest. There seemed to be flowing streams as well. The second scene was I playing a violin, to the open field with green grass, flowers and butterflies. The land could be hilly but I am not sure. In my mind I had words like spread, disburse, and grow.
I do not play both musical instruments. I do not consider myself having any talent to learn either. So far I only managed to sing and write in crude numerical symbols of the music I had created. Rationally I cannot imagine myself pursuing a musical direction in my career or in ministry. This vision is not a result of my wish fulfillment.
The spiritual development has led me and others to know God as a limitless God. Yes, He performs songs, signs and wonders in our lives.
AAA Jack
June 13 2009

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7