This came to the watchman today as the Bible opens and continues to reveal the truth that sets free the current captive. The requirement is be strong. The reward is peace and prosperity. All in terms of the rebuilding and refocusing of the eyes and hearts of the people on God and His plan.
“In the seventh month, on the twenty-first day of the month, in the second year of Darius the king (of Persia, including the Chaldeans), came the word of the Lord by the prophet Haggai, saying,”
I have received words about Haggai several strategic times during the past decade and posted some blogs. Here is a list of links and my brief summary of the relevant blogs with revelation for today, concerning chapter two.
Prophet Haggai’s message to the ruler, high pries, and the people of the land
2020-11-22 Today’s revelation received by the watchman (Nov 22, 2020) December 18, 520 BC. Haggai 2:18 Message to the priests about holiness, not getting themselves defiled by association with those defiled by sin, and rebuilding the Temple of God 2:10 On December 18 of the second year of King Darius’s reign, the Lord sent this message …Continue reading
Revelation received on God promised a bright future to His people (including leaders who obeyed Him and rebuilt the spiritual life according to God’s plan):
Three conditions for restoration of prosperity:
- Holiness of the priests/leaders required.
- People to repent from their sin of defilement of their offerings.
- Acknowledge their economic failure and return to God’s way.
- Economic boom
- Anointed leader appointed by God to lead the rebuilding and restoration of God’s temple and the people’s spiritual life.
- The faithful anointed leader/ruler will be honored by God.
2017-02-21 God always speaks before a thing happens. What He has spoken always comes to pass. God makes it come to pass to show that the message is from God. What shall the hearers do? Just believe and go forward. All the great men of God in history accomplished great exploits following this simple key. Today we …Continue reading
God spoke twice in just one verse: 2:18 “Think about this eighteenth day of December, the day when the foundation of the Lord’s Temple was laid. Think carefully.” NLT
2014-10-12 Today’s 3 am class continues on to read Haggai 2. What Does God say about the rebuilding of our temple? We continue to see the faithfulness and power of God being displayed in the words of God. Summary notes: Background: the people had delayed for 17 years before this round of rebuilding!: God shows the …Continue reading
Background: the people had delayed for 17 years before this round of rebuilding!:
- God shows the urgency of the matter
- God has fulfilled His promise through the prophet Jeremiah’s prophecy.
- Now is the time for the people of God to rise up and rebuild.
What does God say about Himself in the rebuilding? Read the following with what Jesus has accomplished for us in mind.
- Look at the rebuilding through His heavenly perspective.
- God says He will fill the place with glory, a greater glory. (Jesus Himself)
- God wants holiness and undefiled worship and sacrifice according to His holy nature.
- Yet, God speaks of His mercy and the undeserved favor He will give to the builders: “from this day onward I will bless you.” (from the day the foundation is laid).
- Lastly, God speaks of the prophecy about His Son, Jesus Christ who will come. He is the pure and undefiled Temple. Each individual now enters into the presence of God through the blood and body of Jesus Christ, and gives account for his own personal relationship with the holy and righteous God. Each individual believer is the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
Key words for 2021-05-20: BE STRONG, ALER, AND COURAGEOUS
Haggai 2:4-5 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
4 Yet now be strong, alert, and courageous, O Zerubbabel, says the Lord; be strong, alert, and courageous, O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest; and be strong, alert, and courageous, all you people of the land, says the Lord, and work! For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts.
5 According to the promise that I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt, so My Spirit stands and abides in the midst of you; fear not.
ALL ABOUT JESUS
Zerubbabel is a royal descendant of David. In a way he was performing a type restoring the temple worship and sacrifice, signifying the coming of Jesus, the living Temple, the perfect Sacrifice and Atonement for sin, the Mediator between God and men, the King, the only Name by which anyone can be saved.
Hebrews 10:18-22 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.
A Call to Persevere
19 And so, dear brothers and sisters,[a] we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. 20 By his death,[b] Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. 21 And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, 22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.
2 Corinthians 5:21 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Footnotes: a.10:19 Greek brothers. b. 10:20 Greek Through his flesh.