June 30, 2009

day 110-116: going forward in songs and in the Holy Spirit



Today I received a timely message, from the Book of Exodus. God told Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward.” (Exodus 14:15)

For nearly three months now, I have been pondering on the words of Jesus and asking the Holy Spirit to guide me what to read and give me understanding of the truth. Jesus said His words are life and spirit. The word of God is also the sword of the Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit it is impossible to read the Bible not to mention to live the Bible.

When I heard a message I also asked the Holy Spirit to show me the truth I need to pay attention to and take action in my Biblical living. I recently heard a teaching on the passage from Exodus 14. The speaker told us that like the Israelites we have the assurance of God that He will fight for us and we shall hold our peace. (Exodus 14:14) Therefore all we need to do is not to continue crying out to God for help. Instead, we should just step forward by faith and win the battle. Whatever the battle is in your life, be it study or employment, financial, relationship, moral, behavioral, attitude, your mind, your emotion, your diseases, unhealthy or addictive habits, binges, obsessions, oppressions and depressions, suppressions, bondages, cravings of the flesh, the pride and arrogance of life etc. They can be overcome.

All the Israelites had to do was to step into the pathway God had opened for them by faith and cross over to the other side. God really took good care of His people as in the case of the Israelites. He miraculously delivered them out of Egypt, miraculously brought them across the Red Sea, miraculously through the wilderness, and miraculously into the promised land of milk and honey.

Reading this passage, I noted that after the children of Israel crossed over the Red Sea safely, all Moses asked them to do was to sing a song to God. God likes us singing songs and hymns to Him!

During the three months of learning to get close to God and learning to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, I have transformed from a stiff, rational, and skeptical Christian to a Spirit-led, songs and hymns singing Christian; from one who normally would doubt anything to do with the spiritual, to one who pays serious attention to visions and dreams. I still make a lot of mistakes in hearing the voice of God and seeing visions. When I prayed for someone close I tended to use my knowledge of him or her to pray. But the Holy Spirit told me things that I did not know about but was in the plan of God. So when I saw the Spirit-led vision, I thought it was from my own thought despite the fact that I could not recall having thought of such matters previously. Only after I have received confirmation from another intercessor who saw the same vision or received the same message then I was convinced. Why am I still so doubtful? I believe it is because I am still young in the Spirit.

I have come to realize that living Biblically is to live spiritually by faith. I am still learning. But I do enjoy my new life and daily look forward to daily meeting with God. One morning I heard the wind in my garden and I thought to myself how nice it would be if I could hear God walking in my garden. After the intercession I prayed to God to reveal Himself by walking in the garden so I could hear Him. After my request, my heart was immediately urged to sing “Holy, holy, holy”. After I finished singing that hymn, before I could get up from the kneeling position, I was urged to sing “Jesus we enthrone You”. After that I was further urged to sing “Holy Spirit, thou art welcomed in this place”.

Only after I finished singing all three songs to the trinity God, I was allowed to stand up. God indeed responded instantly. What an awesome experience! (I did not hear the sound in my garden as I was too busy singing).

My advice to you, my brethren in Christ, is that be always ready to sing and expect the demand to sing songs and hymns (as led by the Holy Spirit) by memory as you may not have the song book with you. I did not have the song book on the occasion but I managed to memorize them (short choruses and one stanza of the hymn) even though I had to work hard to memorize anything. The preparedness is worth it. Otherwise, be careful what you pray for.

AAA Jack

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7