December 25, 2013

The Poet's 24 reasons to cry "Joy" to the world!


  1. Psalm 5:11
    But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
    Psalm 5:10-12 (in Context) Psalm 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Psalm 16:11
    You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
    Psalm 16:10-11 (in Context) Psalm 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Psalm 21:1
    [ Joy in the Salvation of the Lord ] [ To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. ] The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord; And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
    Psalm 21:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 21 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. Psalm 27:6
    And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
    Psalm 27:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 27 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  5. Psalm 30:5
    For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.
    Psalm 30:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 30 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  6. Psalm 32:1
    [ The Joy of Forgiveness ] [ A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. ] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.
    Psalm 32:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 32 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  7. Psalm 32:11
    Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
    Psalm 32:10-11 (in Context) Psalm 32 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  8. Psalm 33:3
    Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
    Psalm 33:2-4 (in Context) Psalm 33 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  9. Psalm 35:27
    Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
    Psalm 35:26-28 (in Context) Psalm 35 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  10. Psalm 42:4
    When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
    Psalm 42:3-5 (in Context) Psalm 42 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  11. Psalm 43:4
    Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God.
    Psalm 43:3-5 (in Context) Psalm 43 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  12. Psalm 48:2
    Beautiful in elevation, The joy of the whole earth, Is Mount Zion on the sides of the north, The city of the great King.
    Psalm 48:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 48 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  13. Psalm 51:8
    Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
    Psalm 51:7-9 (in Context) Psalm 51 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  14. Psalm 51:12
    Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
    Psalm 51:11-13 (in Context) Psalm 51 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  15. Psalm 63:1
    [ Joy in the Fellowship of God ] [ A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah. ] O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.
    Psalm 63:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 63 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  16. Psalm 65:13
    The pastures are clothed with flocks; The valleys also are covered with grain; They shout for joy, they also sing.
    Psalm 65:12-13 (in Context) Psalm 65 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  17. Psalm 67:4
    Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You shall judge the people righteously, And govern the nations on earth. Selah
    Psalm 67:3-5 (in Context) Psalm 67 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  18. Psalm 105:43
    He brought out His people with joy, His chosen ones with gladness.
    Psalm 105:42-44 (in Context) Psalm 105 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  19. Psalm 106:1
    [ Joy in Forgiveness of Israel’s Sins ] Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
    Psalm 106:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 106 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  20. Psalm 122:1
    [ The Joy of Going to the House of the Lord ] [ A Song of Ascents. Of David. ] I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
    Psalm 122:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 122 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  21. Psalm 126:5
    Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.
    Psalm 126:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 126 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  22. Psalm 132:9
    Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, And let Your saints shout for joy.
    Psalm 132:8-10 (in Context) Psalm 132 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  23. Psalm 132:16
    I will also clothe her priests with salvation, And her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
    Psalm 132:15-17 (in Context) Psalm 132 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  24. Psalm 137:6
    If I do not remember you, Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth— If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief joy.
    Psalm 137:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 137 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7