December 23, 2013

End days church countdown: how Jesus has defined love

Reading the book of John I found the love that God talks about. I always thought that the Bible does not talk about love. Not of the kind of love we know as humans. But Jesus talks about love a lot. This is the true love we need to know and practice.

______________As children of God, love of God is natural.
John 5:42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.

______________Loving God and loving His words are synonymous: those who practice this truth abide in God's love 
John 14:15 [ Jesus Promises Another Helper ] “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
John 14:24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. John 15:9 [ Love and Joy Perfected ] “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

________________Loving God results in loving His people naturally.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

_______________Loving God means being separate from the world. God's love is costly. Jesus paid His life for it.
John 14:31 but that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
John 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
John 17:26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

_______________Loving God means being demanded and prepared to pay a price too.
John 21:15[ Jesus Restores Peter ] So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.” John 21:16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.” John 21:17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

No comments:

2024 not abandoned: a new spiritual journey

How may we hear God and understand Him more accurately? Last night while praying my heart purposed to start afresh the unfinished journey ov...