December 22, 2013

a hymn for today: for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded

2 Timothy 1:12 (NKJV)

12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

a hymn for today____________I Know Whom I Have Believed
Text: Daniel W. Whittle
Music: James McGranahan
Tune: EL NATHAN, Meter: CM with Refrain

  • I know not why God’s wondrous grace
      To me He hath made known,
    Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
      Redeemed me for His own.
    • But “I know Whom I have believed
      And am persuaded that He is able
      To keep that which I’ve committed
        Unto Him against that day.”
  • I know not how this saving faith
      To me He did impart,
    Nor how believing in His word
      Wrought peace within my heart.
  • I know not how the Spirit moves,
      Convincing men of sin,
    Revealing Jesus through the Word,
      Creating faith in Him.
  • I know not what of good or ill
      May be reserved for me,
    Of weary ways or golden days,
      Before His face I see.
  • I know not when my Lord may come,
      At night or noon-day fair,
    Nor if I’ll walk the vale with Him,
      Or “meet Him in the air.”
    grace and truth came through Jesus Christ


  • Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/333#ixzz2o8Q0RZS8
    http://www.hymnsite.com/midifiles/umh714.mid

    No comments:

    2024 not abandoned: a new spiritual journey

    How may we hear God and understand Him more accurately? Last night while praying my heart purposed to start afresh the unfinished journey ov...