January 4, 2014

journey on: see the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love

Zechariah 9:10-12

New Living Translation (NLT)
10 I will remove the battle chariots from Israel
    and the warhorses from Jerusalem.
I will destroy all the weapons used in battle,
    and your king will bring peace to the nations.
His realm will stretch from sea to sea
    and from the Euphrates River to the ends of the earth.
11 Because of the covenant I made with you,
    sealed with blood,
I will free your prisoners
    from death in a waterless dungeon.
12 Come back to the place of safety,
    all you prisoners who still have hope!
I promise this very day
    that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles. 

“I will confirm my covenant with you and your descendants after you, from generation to generation. This is the everlasting covenant: I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
Genesis 17:6-8 (in Context) Genesis 17 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

“Today I call on heaven and earth as witnesses against you. If you break my covenant, you will quickly disappear from the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy. You will live there only a short time; then you will be utterly destroyed.
Deuteronomy 4:25-27 (in Context) Deuteronomy 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
2 Kings 8:19
But the Lord did not want to destroy Judah, for he had made a covenant with David and promised that his descendants would continue to rule, shining like a lamp forever.
2 Kings 8:18-20 (in Context) 2 Kings 8 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 
Then they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul.
 
Nehemiah 1:5
Then I said, “O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands,
Nehemiah 1:4-6 (in Context) Nehemiah 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 
Psalm 103:17-18
17 But the love of the Lord remains forever
    with those who fear him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
18     of those who are faithful to his covenant,
    of those who obey his commandments!

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7