May 2, 2013
5 am lesson: seeing God from the will of His good pleasure
When they read chapter one this way the eyes of their hearts opened, just as Paul had prayed (which prayer the brethren copied and prayed daily). The key verses of the first prayer are: Ephesians 1:17-19. without the opening of our spiritual eyes we cannot understand this letter at all.
What does God want to achieve as the end result for His people? A glorious body of Christ, holy and without blemish, presented to Him, be the praise of His glory, fulfilling the will of His good pleasure! That makes sense of all the blessings He has given to those who believe just to make sure they make it to the end goal, all in Christ and filled with Christ to the full!
How can they make it? That is exactly what Paul’s letter is about.
Here are some of the findings received by us:
God created humans. He knows what we are made of and what we can and cannot in our natural capacity and capability.
He has a good plan for us so He has given us what we cannot have in the natural so that we may make it to reaching His final goal for us in Christ.
1. He has given us Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus has completed everything He needs to complete (the whole salvation package which encompasses all things, the entrance into the kingdom of God and the power and authority to live as children of God).
2. In Christ He has given us all spiritual blessings, pertaining to living the victorious life of the children of God.
3. In Christ He has given us the power to do so, that is, the power of the Holy Spirit. (This is the same power that He raised Jesus from the dead).
“and [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places]. far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name…not only in this age and in this world, but also…to come.” (1:19-21)
4. God wants us to know this. Why? Because only by knowing we can live accordingly, manifesting His power in and for us who believe.
5. God provided the Holy Spirit for us. The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. He gives us understanding and the mighty strength to live out the title and entitlement of children of God.
6. Through the Holy Spirit we can access every spiritual blessing (which in KJV is described as “all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places” 1:3) giving by the Holy Spirit.
7. By faith we are joined to the Lord and be one spirit with the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:17). By faith we become members of His body, of His flesh and of His bone (6:30). By faith we reach into the spiritual realm (heavenly places) and receive all blessings which God has given us (Ephesians 1:3) to enable us to live for the praise of His glory, according to the will of His good pleasure.
This means we will not subject our body and soul (body, mind, emotion included) under the bondage of the evil power (all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name…) which rule this world (physical and spiritual). How do we do this? By the power of God in us and for us and all the spiritual resources readily available for us to use (using the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and taking the authority of the Son of God Himself, which has been given to us as children of God).
Watchman’s suggested readings: from KJV, NKJV, AMP; Ephesians 1; 1 Corinthians 2; 2 Corinthians 3.;