August 20, 2012

and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.

 Zechariah 7:5Say to all the people of the land, and to the priests: ‘When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months during those seventy years, did you really fast for Me—for Me?  Zechariah 7:4-6 (in Context) Zechariah 7 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations  

2 Chronicles 20:3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2 Chronicles 20:2-4 (in Context) 2 Chronicles 20 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezra 8:21
[ Fasting and Prayer for Protection ] Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions.
Ezra 8:20-22 (in Context) Ezra 8 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezra 8:23
So we fasted and entreated our God for this, and He answered our prayer.
Ezra 8:22-24 (in Context) Ezra 8 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezra 9:5
At the evening sacrifice I arose from my fasting; and having torn my garment and my robe, I fell on my knees and spread out my hands to the LORD my God.
Ezra 9:4-6 (in Context) Ezra 9 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Nehemiah 1:4
So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.
Nehemiah 1:3-5 (in Context) Nehemiah 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Nehemiah 9:1
[ The People Confess Their Sins ] Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the children of Israel were assembled with fasting, in sackcloth, and with dust on their heads.
Nehemiah 9:1-3 (in Context) Nehemiah 9 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Esther 1:6
There were white and blue linen curtains fastened with cords of fine linen and purple on silver rods and marble pillars; and the couches were of gold and silver on a mosaic pavement of alabaster, turquoise, and white and black marble.
Esther 1:5-7 (in Context) Esther 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Esther 4:3
And in every province where the king’s command and decree arrived, there was great mourning among the Jews, with fasting, weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
Esther 4:2-4 (in Context) Esther 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Esther 4:16
“Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!”
Esther 4:15-17 (in Context) Esther 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Esther 9:31
to confirm these days of Purim at their appointed time, as Mordecai the Jew and Queen Esther had prescribed for them, and as they had decreed for themselves and their descendants concerning matters of their fasting and lamenting.
Esther 9:30-32 (in Context) Esther 9 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 Psalm 35:13
But as for me, when they were sick, My clothing was sackcloth; I humbled myself with fasting; And my prayer would return to my own heart.
Psalm 35:12-14 (in Context) Psalm 35 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Psalm 69:10
When I wept and chastened my soul with fasting, That became my reproach.
Psalm 69:9-11 (in Context) Psalm 69 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Psalm 109:24
My knees are weak through fasting, And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
Psalm 109:23-25 (in Context) Psalm 109 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Isaiah 58:1
[ Fasting that Pleases God ] “Cry aloud, spare not; Lift up your voice like a trumpet; Tell My people their transgression, And the house of Jacob their sins.
Isaiah 58:1-3 (in Context) Isaiah 58 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Isaiah 58:3
‘Why have we fasted,’ they say, ‘and You have not seen? Why have we afflicted our souls, and You take no notice?’ “In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure, And exploit all your laborers.
Isaiah 58:2-4 (in Context) Isaiah 58 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Isaiah 58:4
Indeed you fast for strife and debate, And to strike with the fist of wickedness. You will not fast as you do this day, To make your voice heard on high.
Isaiah 58:3-5 (in Context) Isaiah 58 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Isaiah 58:5
Is it a fast that I have chosen, A day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush, And to spread out sackcloth and ashes? Would you call this a fast, And an acceptable day to the LORD?
Isaiah 58:4-6 (in Context) Isaiah 58 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Isaiah 58:6
“Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
Isaiah 58:5-7 (in Context) Isaiah 58 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations 
Jeremiah 14:12
When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.”
Jeremiah 14:11-13 (in Context) Jeremiah 14 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Jeremiah 36:6
You go, therefore, and read from the scroll which you have written at my instruction, the words of the LORD, in the hearing of the people in the LORD’s house on the day of fasting. And you shall also read them in the hearing of all Judah who come from their cities.
Jeremiah 36:5-7 (in Context) Jeremiah 36 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Jeremiah 36:9
Now it came to pass in the fifth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, in the ninth month, that they proclaimed a fast before the LORD to all the people in Jerusalem, and to all the people who came from the cities of Judah to Jerusalem.
Jeremiah 36:8-10 (in Context) Jeremiah 36 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations 
 Daniel 6:18
[ Daniel Saved from the Lions ] Now the king went to his palace and spent the night fasting; and no musicians were brought before him. Also his sleep went from him.
Daniel 6:17-19 (in Context) Daniel 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Daniel 9:3
Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.
Daniel 9:2-4 (in Context) Daniel 9 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Joel 1:14
Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; Gather the elders And all the inhabitants of the land Into the house of the LORD your God, And cry out to the LORD.
Joel 1:13-15 (in Context) Joel 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Joel 2:12
[ A Call to Repentance ] “Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
Joel 2:11-13 (in Context) Joel 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Joel 2:15
Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly;
Joel 2:14-16 (in Context) Joel 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations 
 Jonah 3:5
[ The People of Nineveh Believe ] So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them.
Jonah 3:4-6 (in Context) Jonah 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Zechariah 7:1
[ Obedience Better than Fasting ] Now in the fourth year of King Darius it came to pass that the word of the LORD came to Zechariah, on the fourth day of the ninth month, Chislev,
Zechariah 7:1-3 (in Context) Zechariah 7 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Zechariah 7:3
and to ask the priests who were in the house of the LORD of hosts, and the prophets, saying, “Should I weep in the fifth month and fast as I have done for so many years?”
Zechariah 7:2-4 (in Context) Zechariah 7 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Zechariah 8:19
“Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘The fast of the fourth month, The fast of the fifth, The fast of the seventh, And the fast of the tenth, Shall be joy and gladness and cheerful feasts For the house of Judah. Therefore love truth and peace.’
Zechariah 8:18-20 (in Context) Zechariah 8 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

No comments:

2024 not abandoned: a new spiritual journey

How may we hear God and understand Him more accurately? Last night while praying my heart purposed to start afresh the unfinished journey ov...