The watchman has been pondering on this subject for his class. How indeed to listen and hear the Holy Spirit?He asked the Lord and received a number of promptings as follows over the lst two weeks:
1. “CLEAR MIND“: 2 Tim4:5 “But you should keep a clear mind in every situation” Be watchful, calm, cool, steady, uncluttered, undisturbed, undistracted. Be focussed. 3:14-16 know, obey, trust the Scripture
Filled with God’s Word Mark 4:24-25 “Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given –and you will receive even more. To those who listen to My teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.”
2. “SHOULD YOU TALK THAT WAY?” Mic2:7 “Should you talk that way, O family of Israel? Will the Lord’s Spirit have patience with such behaviour? If you would do what is right you will find My words comforting.” After we hear the Lord, we must respond correctly. “The words you speak come from the heart-that is what defiles you”. (Matt.14:18)
3. “OUR ACTIONS MATTER” Mic3:2,4 “You are supposed to know right from wrong, but you hate good and love evil. Then you beg the Lord for help in times of trouble! Do you really expect Him to answer? After the evil you have done, He won’t even look at you!”
4. “BE OPENED!” Mark 7:31-37 (Jesus healed a deaf man).Let the finger of God (Holy Spirit) touch the inside of your ears, and your tongue, and let His command “Be Opened” be proclaimed and received by faith!
5. “BE CHILDLIKE“: Matt.11:25-26 Jesus prayed this prayer, “O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased You to do it this way!”
6. “RICH RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD“: Luke 12:21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
7. “MORE, TO THOSE WHO USE WELL“: Matt.25:29 “To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will b taken away.”
8. “HE MUST KNOW YOU“: Matt.25:12 “Believe Me, I don’t know you.” Jesus knows you by the burning lamp in you. You need extra oil to keep this lamp burning at midnight because lamps go out at midnight. When He comes for His own, Jesus looks for the lamps that are still burning bright!
9. “OUR SPIRITS ARE RENEWED EVERYDAY“: 2 Cor.4:16 Fellowship with Jesus daily. The Lord who is the Spirit makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image. 2 Cor.3:18
10. “ONLY THOSE WHO OBEY HIM“: John 14:15-18 Keep His commandments; Acts 5:32 Those who obey Him.