Watchman heard, “Be an altar man of faith! Build altar! And you will be amazed how much you will start receiving, because the altar is where I shall meet with you.” (be sure to continue reading!)
- Genesis 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and there he sacrificed as burnt offerings the animals and birds that had been approved for that purpose.
- Genesis 12:7 Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, “I will give this land to your descendants. ” And Abram built an altar there and dedicated it to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
- Genesis 12:8 After that, Abram traveled south and set up camp in the hill country, with Bethel to the west and Ai to the east. There he built another altar and dedicated it to the Lord, and he worshiped the Lord.
- Genesis 13:4 This was the same place where Abram had built the altar, and there he worshiped the Lord again.
- Genesis 13:18 So Abram moved his camp to Hebron and settled near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. There he built another altar to the Lord.
- Genesis 22:9 When they arrived at the place where God had told him to go, Abraham built an altar and arranged the wood on it. Then he tied his son, Isaac, and laid him on the altar on top of the wood.
- Genesis 26:25 Then Isaac built an altar there and worshiped the Lord. He set up his camp at that place, and his servants dug another well.
- Genesis 33:20 And there he built an altar and named it El-Elohe-Israel.
- Genesis 35:1 [ Jacob’s Return to Bethel ] Then God said to Jacob, “Get ready and move to Bethel and settle there. Build an altar there to the God who appeared to you when you fled from your brother, Esau.”
- Genesis 35:3 We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone.”
- Genesis 35:7 Jacob built an altar there and named the place El-bethel (which means “God of Bethel”), because God had appeared to him there when he was fleeing from his brother, Esau.
What else does the altar do? Many, as evidenced in the following verses from Genesis to Revelation.
What does the altar do for a Christian today? The watchman’s personal belief is that the altar (spiritual of course) has a number of very important supernatural functions:
1. A place to meet God.
2. A place to worship God: offering praises and songs in Truth and in Spirit.
3. A place to offer oneself as a living sacrifice (surrendering to the awesome God our body, soul and spirit).
4. A place to talk with God and hear God.
5. A place to pray, intercede, cry out to the Lord.
6. A place to receive cleansing, purifying, refining, being poured out, broken and molded into the image of Christ.
7. A place just to be still and know that God is God.
8. A place to receive blessings as promised and stake claims accordingly.
9. Above all it is a place to remember the Son of God, Yeshua Christ who came to the world and gave His life for us on the cross, shedding His blood and having His body broken so we are redeemed, saved and healed! Only through this High Priest we can approach the throne of grace.What is your personal altar revealing? Be blessed when you step out in faith today and build yours! Give your children this heritage that never goes out of fashion or favor from the Almighty God!
________________________________MORE BIBLE VERSES ON ALTARS BUILDING
- Exodus 17:15 Moses built an altar there and named it Yahweh-nissi (which means “the Lord is my banner”).
- Exodus 20:22 [ Proper Use of Altars ] And the Lord said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: You saw for yourselves that I spoke to you from heaven.
- Exodus 20:24 “Build for me an altar made of earth, and offer your sacrifices to me—your burnt offerings and peace offerings, your sheep and goats, and your cattle. Build my altar wherever I cause my name to be remembered, and I will come to you and bless you.
- Exodus 20:25 If you use stones to build my altar, use only natural, uncut stones. Do not shape the stones with a tool, for that would make the altar unfit for holy use.
- Exodus 20:26 And do not approach my altar by going up steps. If you do, someone might look up under your clothing and see your nakedness.
- Exodus 24:4 Then Moses carefully wrote down all the Lord’s instructions. Early the next morning Moses got up and built an altar at the foot of the mountain. He also set up twelve pillars, one for each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Exodus 24:6 Moses drained half the blood from these animals into basins. The other half he splattered against the altar.
- Joshua 8:30 [ The Lord’s Covenant Renewed ] Then Joshua built an altar to the Lord, the God of Israel, on Mount Ebal.
- Joshua 22:24-28 “The truth is, we have built this altar because we fear that in the future your descendants will say to ours, ‘What right do you have to worship the Lord, the God of Israel? “So we decided to build the altar, not for burnt offerings or sacrifices, “If they say this, our descendants can reply, ‘Look at this copy of the Lord’s altar that our ancestors made. It is not for burnt offerings or sacrifices; it is a reminder of the relationship both of us have with the Lord.’
- Judges 6:24 So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is Peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
- 1 Samuel 2:28
I chose your father out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in my presence. I also gave your father’s house all the offerings made with fire by the Israelites.
- 1 Samuel 7:17 But he always went back to Ramah, where his home was, and there he also judged Israel. And he built an altar there to the LORD.
- 2 Samuel 24:18 [ David Builds an Altar ] On that day Gad went to David and said to him, “Go up and build an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.” 25 David built an altar to the LORD there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. Then the LORD answered prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.
- 1 Chronicles 21:26 David built an altar to the LORD there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. He called on the LORD, and the LORD answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.
- 1 Kings 8:22. [ Solomon's Prayer of Dedication ] Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands toward heaven. 54 When Solomon had finished all these prayers and supplications to the LORD, he rose from before the altar of the LORD, where he had been kneeling with his hands spread out toward heaven.
- 1 Kings 18:30 Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come here to me.” They came to him, and he repaired the altar of the LORD, which was in ruins. 32 With the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD, and he dug a trench around it large enough to hold two seahs of seed. 35 The water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench.
- Ezra 3:1 [ Rebuilding the Altar ] When the seventh month came and the Israelites had settled in their towns, the people assembled as one man in Jerusalem. 2 Then Jeshua son of Jozadak and his fellow priests and Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel and his associates began to build the altar of the God of Israel to sacrifice burnt offerings on it, in accordance with what is written in the Law of Moses the man of God. 3 Despite their fear of the peoples around them, they built the altar“on its foundation and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the LORD, both the morning and evening sacrifices.
- Isaiah 6:5 Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.” 6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
- Isaiah 56:7 these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
- Ezekiel 43:26 For seven days they are to make atonement for the altar and cleanse it; thus they will dedicate it. 27 At the end of these days, from the eighth day on, the priests are to present your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings on the altar. Then I will accept you, declares the Sovereign LORD.”
- Ezekiel 47:1-2 In my vision, the man brought me back to the entrance of the Temple. There I saw a stream flowing east from beneath the door of the Temple and passing to the right of the altar on its south side. 2 The man brought me outside the wall through the north gateway and led me around to the eastern entrance. There I could see the water flowing out through the south side of the east gateway.
- Joel 1:13 [ A Call to Repentance ] Put on sackcloth, O priests, and mourn; wail, you who minister before the altar. Come, spend the night in sackcloth, you who minister before my God; for the grain offerings and drink offerings are withheld from the house of your God. 2:17 Let the priests, who minister before the LORD, weep between the temple porch and the altar. Let them say, “Spare your people, O LORD. Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’
- “Zechariah 14:20 On that day HOLY TO THE LORD will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the LORD’s house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar.
- Luke 1:11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.
- Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 8:3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 8:5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake. 9:13 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns of the golden altar that is before God.
- Revelation 14:18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 16:7 And I heard the altar respond: “Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.”