June 10, 2009

DAY 97-98: DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT



These past few days were like a dream. A little angel (my eldest sister’s six years old grand child) joined us and sang spiritual songs with us. Prior to starting this quest to know God, I did not know how to really praise and adore God in my heart. So I had skipped the part when others professed their love for God during worships in the church. I did not want to be a hypocrite. Ever since I started this quest, I have been led by the Spirit to sing some old hymns. Then worshipping on my own, I have found out that I could sing a bit in the spirit. But I had not thought much of it.
During the last three days I discovered that I had progressed to singing a lot in the spirit, even when driving or not worshipping. We have spent last two mornings worshipping God (myself, a Spirit-filled niece and the little grand niece) and I began to sing more. This morning I woke up early on my own and had no particular agenda. I worshipped as usual and sang an old hymn, “In my heart there rings a melody”. I found that after that I was led to sing a spirit song. I realized what I was singing and that I could put words in it. I was singing “my utmost for Your highest” (writing the song in the spirit). After singing for sometime I wrote it down.
Thinking that I could have taken the tune from some old hymns I searched the hymn book. I could not find any tune similar to it. However, I was drawn to sing another old hymn, “How firm a foundation”. It was as if God was speaking to me, telling me that all that He has to say to me He has already said in the Bible. He gave me his assurance that I need not fear the danger and trials of this world. He said, “I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand.” (He knows how timid I am in spiritual matters) It was a wonderful hymn!
After that I sang another spirit song while worshipping Jesus. I wrote that down too. The worship was wonderful and I saw the steps leading to the throne as before. I thought today was just for worship and I had nothing to pray for. However I asked the Spirit whether there is anything to intercede for. Immediately I saw a face.
The face belonged to a deacon of a church I attended nearly ten years ago. I had not seen him since he got married. He was in panic and carrying his two little children. His wife was hanging on to him at the back. He was running, fleeing. Close at his heel was something that I could not describe here.
That church has had a series of tragedies during the past ten years, with strife between the former senior pastor (until near breakdown) and someone in the church resulting the pastor opting to leave the church ( the church was subsequently led by a junior pastor). At least three male members (including a deacon) died of cancer/other sudden acute illness, wives of all the three elders suffered from cancer (and one had died), a number of mothers suffered from depression, autistic and hyper active children were born to deacons and active serving leaders etc.
Previously I could not understand the meaning of the frequency and way above proportion level of tragedies in this church. It cannot be explained as the church is small with about three hundred members. The members are ordinary people with stable income and ordinary living (not excessively indulgent). The elders are faithful people serving God diligently and doing all the religious activities as faithful Christian churches do.
The only thing that made the church stand out is its leaders not willing to understand matters of the reality and power of the Holy Spirit. They are afraid that spiritual teaching may not be from the Holy Spirit. They are satisfied with mere head knowledge. Some members (including my family) have left that church and fled to a Spirit-filled church. We tried to share with the junior pastor and the three elders once. They agreed that the Holy Spirit is important but said that their members were not ready to understand. So they advised us not to share with their members further.
Looking back now, the ignorance of the power of the Holy Spirit appeared to have led to spiritual weakness and resulting members (including the religious leaders themselves) become easy preys to spiritual enemies- the thief, (of whom Jesus has already warned His sheep in John 10) to steal, kill and destroy.
When I interceded for the deacon (whose wife is now suffering from anxiety and depression) and his family and seeing them being pursued by something (which I could not describe here) in my vision, I was close to tears. I knew this good man when he was a youth leader. He is kind-hearted and willingly serves others. He serves God diligently.
After the intercession, I read Hosea as this was the first book in the Bible that I was led in a dream to read. I read what I feared in Chapter four. I quote below what I read. (Excerpts from 4:1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 14)
“There is no truth or mercy or knowledge of God in the land.”
“Therefore the land will mourn; and everyone who dwells there will waste away.”
“For your people are like those who contend with the priest. Therefore you will stumble in the day. Your prophet also shall stumble at night; and I will destroy your mother.”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you as priest for Me; because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.”
“For the men themselves go apart with harlots, and offer sacrifices with a ritual harlot. Therefore people who do not understand will be trampled.”
AAA Jack

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7