June 2, 2017

Freedom from lack

positive thinking for wellness and success
Today we learn all about freedom. Jesus says that if we know the truth, the truth will set us free.
He also says that He is the Way, the Truth, and The Life.
Reading the passage below (Excerpted from John 8. Please read the whole chapter), we note that people just cannot understand Him. They are contented with the assurance or security they think they have from their genealogy and tradition.
But Jesus talks about the spiritual reality, indeed, the real authority and source of security and assurance, God Himself.
Jesus declares that to know God, the Father, and the One Whom God sent (Jesus) is eternal life.
The key is to KNOW God through Jesus in an intimate way like in a family.
We are called the children of God. Why? God wants a family relationship. He created family. We are His family. That is why Jesus has taught us to call God, ABBA. Father. The Holy Spirit in us enables us to call God ABBA Father. This is the true freedom. Free to live as the children of the holy God. Free to live the super-abundant life as citizens in the Kingdom of God, with the power of the Holy Spirit, authority of Jesus’ name, and all the benefits Jesus has given to His believers through the cross. By grace we become entitled and through faith we receive.
Jesus, the Light of the World, He came to give light to everyone.
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
He came to witness for God who sent Him. Those who see Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son, they actually see God.
(Jesus declares), “I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other.”
Seeing is not enough. Knowing Jesus is a must. Knowing Him means knowing God. This is the key to eternal life and freedom from the bondage of sins that bring death.
Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father.” Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not.  That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.”
How will people know who Jesus really is? After His death on the cross and His resurrection. By His Holy Spirit we shall know the truth. The Holy Spirit came after Jesus ascended to heaven and sit at the right hand of God.
So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I am he.”
Only those who believe in Jesus and remain faithful to His teachings (which will be explained by the Holy Spirit) will know the truth and receive the freedom Jesus has given.
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free,”
People who continue not to believe in Jesus remain slaves to sin. Slaves are not heirs. They have no share in the Kingdom (family) of God.
“But we are descendants of Abraham,” they said. “We have never been slaves to anyone. What do you mean, ‘You will be set free’?” Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin.  A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever, So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.
Children imitate parents. God’s children imitate God. This is clearly evident. When we are born again by God’s Spirit, our genealogy changes. We become heirs of God, co-heir with Jesus.
“Our father is Abraham!” they declared. “No,” Jesus replied, “for if you were really the children of Abraham, you would follow his example…, you are trying to kill me because I told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. No, you are imitating your real father.”They replied, “We aren’t illegitimate children! God himself is our true Father.”Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me.
Why some people cannot understand Jesus? Jesus explains: 1. They are not God’s children. 2. They love to do what the devil does.
(Jesus told them), “Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me! For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me!
Reality check 1 for all Christians: Children of God love to listen to God’s words.
(Jesus told them), “Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”
Reality check 2 for all Christians: God’s children honor God. in honoring Jesus, we honor God.
The people retorted, “You Samaritan devil! Didn’t we say all along that you were possessed by a demon?” “No,” Jesus said, “I have no demon in me. For I honor my Father—and you dishonor me.  And though I have no wish to glorify myself, God is going to glorify me. He is the true judge.  I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!”
Reality check 3: Those who know God will obey Him. Jesus does that. God gives honor to those who honor Him.
Jesus answered, “If I want glory for myself, it doesn’t count. But it is my Father who will glorify me. You say, ‘He is our God,’ but you don’t even know him. I know him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know him and obey him…”

No comments:

2024 not abandoned: a new spiritual journey

How may we hear God and understand Him more accurately? Last night while praying my heart purposed to start afresh the unfinished journey ov...