March 27, 2016

I SERVE A RISEN SAVIOR

Written around Easter in 1932, in the Great Depression, and also when a Jewish student bluntly challenged Ackley – ‘why worship a dead Jew?’ Ackley’s prompt response presaged the title of the hymn he later wrote. This hymn has impacted my own life since young. When confronted of my faith by various external factors beyond my control, I always thought of this hymn. I have learned that our circumstances do not make the man. The test of my CHRISTIAN FAITH is in my internal personal life. Am I living by the Spirit of Christ? I have learned that inner strength can only come from a supernatural living God with whom I have my daily relationship and communion. 
Our life is our proof that our Savior really lives. 
Romans 8:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
HYMN: I SERVE A RISEN SAVIOR
1
I serve a risen Savior
He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
He’s always near.He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.
2
In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.
3
Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.
Lyrics and Music: Alfred Henry Ackley (1887-1960)

No comments:

2024 not abandoned: a new spiritual journey

How may we hear God and understand Him more accurately? Last night while praying my heart purposed to start afresh the unfinished journey ov...