March 30, 2016

God’s will: who will have everlasting life?

What did Jesus say about who will have eternal life? What is God’s will? What authority Jesus has over who gets eternal life?  The answers are as follows.
NKJV Bible John 6 (37-40; 44-47 boldness and italics added to some verses for highlighting purpose)
37“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
38“For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40 “And this is the will of Him who sent Methat everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
45“It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
46“Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. (note: Jesus refers to Himself here. Only Jesus has seen God.)
47 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7