For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God's power.
(uncovered the reality of spiritual realm: dreams, visions, songs, stories and kingdom living!)
March 5, 2013
end times church countdown: Revelation 13 signs here and now
This is a record of events experienced by a brethren in Christ during and after a recent Esther fast (three days ultimate fast without food or water).
1. The fast was urged by the Spirit of the Lord, whose urgent prompting was received around 23-24th February. But there was a delay in the intended fast from 25th until 28th due to unforeseen reasons.
2. The fast was finally instituted on 1st March to 3rd March. Throughout the fasting there was no serious discomfort except for body aches especially around the lower back. A bit of dullness was felt in the head (possibly due to not drinking coffee). But the dullness did not affect normal functioning. He could still drive long hours and spent most of his time reading or listening to the audio Bible.
3. On the third day he had the usual Lord’s Day worship. They listened to a powerful recorded sermon on the true meaning of Holy Communion and Passover instead of the usual preaching by the brethren.
The brethren then received news of a strategic place under siege by a group of armed men from another nation that same afternoon. he was asked to intercede for the Christians (including a watchman intercessor prophet) there. The prophet had earlier prophesied of impending persecution during peace time.
4. That night he was led to listen to the book of Daniel and Hosea.
5. At midnight the brethren completed his fast and was prompted in his spirit to read a book which someone had put on a coffee table during a recent spring cleaning. He had seen this book before but never paid attention to it. The book is David Pawson’s “Come with me through Revelation”. But he obeyed and read up to Revelation chapter three. Then he put it aside.
6. Later that day, he helped a senior citizen to attend to a banking matter. Their country had devised a smart card which chip stored all essential information about an individual. The problem is the senior citizen’s fingers had become so smooth that her prints could not be read and verified by the computer! They waited for a long time during which the elderly lady was asked to try numerous times alternating her left and right thumbs under the scanner to no avail. She was treated as if she had no identity unless the computer confirmed her ‘true’ existence. She could not access her account! No one had any authority to over-ride the computer system. She was asked to sit and wait until they could give her another try. After a long time, the bank staff allowed her to try once more. This time the brethren and the senior lady decided to pray as she press her thumb on the screen of the scanner. The computer managed to verify her finger this time. However she was told that since her accounts were all joint accounts she needed to come back with all her grownup children in order to apply for a replacement ATM card. So the lady left without further ado. Her children lived quite a distance away.
7. The shocking thing was that the the brethren was led in his spirit to bring the above mentioned ‘Revelation’ book along to read during waiting. He originally brought another book on end times strategy but was turned back at his front door to bring this book instead. He continued to read this book while waiting in the bank. At the exact time when the computer was rejecting the senior citizen’s identify, the brethren was reading the part covering Revelation chapter six, which passage recorded a remark from a Christian to the writer pointing out that we were already under the control of numbers (digits), for unless we had a series of numbers that could be accepted by the computer, we could not use any public transport system, buy stuff etc. and indeed such days are already here!
When the brethren read this passage and witnessed the immediate enactment of such a scenario before his eyes, he felt the chill in his spirit. The appearance of this book on the third day of his fasting, the bringing and reading of the book at the bank, and the appearance of this exact passage when the senior’s smart card could not be accepted by the computer compiled an urgent message from the Lord.
The siege of a hitherto peaceful haven and the computer incident in the bank are end times signs. The signs are here. At this time. Are watchmen all over the world seeing these signs? What are you doing about the signs?
Everyone needs to examine whether the Lord has words for you and your loved ones at this time. The increasing quantity and intensity of signs says something to the one who is discerning in his spirit. When the day comes to make a clear demarcation between you and the worldly system, are you able to stand and hold fast to your faith just as Jesus has commanded?
There is no corner in the world where there is no opportunity for anyone to access the Good News of Jesus and for any believers of Jesus to follow Him as disciples. Disciples are ordinary people. God is merciful and know who we are. He does not give us difficult messages or laws which we cannot understand and follow. The watchman has witnessed illiterate housewives, vegetables sellers, fish mongers, rubber tappers, people living in the remotest corner of the world who have faith and live by faith. The words of God become real to them as the Holy Spirit enables them to understand His words. They witness and experience the mighty power of God in their daily lives.
2 Peter 1:3-4 clearly states that God’s divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness and we may become partakers of His divine nature! This is a powerful start for any Christian. You can live the victorious life that Jesus has promised.
Mark 11:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God.
2 Peter 1:3-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
Confirm Your Calling and Election
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.