March 15, 2011

Days after Quakes and Tsunami: Bring my soul out of prison!

The watchman heard, “Never Let Me Go!”



We took away your art because we thought it would reveal your souls. Or to put it more finely, we did it to prove you had souls at all.” Kazuo Ishiguro (Never Let Me Go)



The troubed and unsatisfied souls


Isaiah 29:8

It shall even be as when a hungry man dreams, And look—he eats; But he awakes, and his soul is still empty; Or as when a thirsty man dreams, And look—he drinks; But he awakes, and indeed he is faint, And his soul still craves: So the multitude of all the nations shall be, Who fight against Mount Zion.

Psalm 42:11

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 124:4

Then the waters would have overwhelmed us, The stream would have gone over our soul;

Psalm 124:5

Then the swollen waters would have gone over our soul.”

Psalm 142:7

Bring my soul out of prison, That I may praise Your name; The righteous shall surround me, For You shall deal bountifully with me.”

Psalm 143:3

For the enemy has persecuted my soul; He has crushed my life to the ground; He has made me dwell in darkness, Like those who have long been dead.


God can set free our afflicted souls


Psalm 23:3

He (God) restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.

Psalm 33:20

Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 41:4

I said, “LORD, be merciful to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.”

Psalm 55:18

He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me.

Psalm 56:13

For You (God) have delivered my soul from death. Have You not kept my feet from falling, That I may walk before God In the light of the living?

Psalm 72:13

He will spare the poor and needy, and will save the souls of the needy.

Psalm 107:9

For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.


Isaiah 55 An Invitation to Abundant Life

1 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,

Come to the waters;

And you who have no money,

Come, buy and eat.

Yes, come, buy wine and milk

Without money and without price.

2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,

And your wages for what does not satisfy?

Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,

And let your soul delight itself in abundance.

3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.

Hear, and your soul shall live;

And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—

The sure mercies of David.


Isaiah 58:10-11

10 If you extend your soul to the hungry

And satisfy the afflicted soul,

Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,

And your darkness shall be as the noonday.

11 The LORD will guide you continually,

And satisfy your soul in drought,

And strengthen your bones;

You shall be like a watered garden,

And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Jeremiah 31:25

For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

Ezekiel 18:4

“ Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.


What Jesus said about your souls

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those (the devils) who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him (God) who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 11:29

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me (Jesus), for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 16:26

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Luke 12:20

But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’

Luke 10:27

So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

What the Apostles said about your souls

1 Thessalonians 5:23

[ Blessing and Admonition ] Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 6:19

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,

James 1:21

[ Doers—Not Hearers Only ] Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

1 Peter 1:9

for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 2:25

For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

_______________________________

This is the watchman’s prayer for you, my friends:
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. "
(3 John 2)

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7