October 18, 2010

End Times Church Countdown: Calling Retired Watchmen!



Again, the watchman is led to the same Old Way, “Enter through the narrow gate!” There had been many visions and dreams and words of confirmation lately. Just as Daniel had prophesied, a time, times and half a time seem rushing in…He recalled the first vision of Jesus who came to him in a hurry, handing out a scroll to him.
He could not believe when he heard himself praying recently. Yes, he was praying for faraway nations and people whom he had never met. One morning during his intercession in the prayer house, he was close to tears when he suddenly recalled a vision he saw a year ago of blood and fire sweeping through that vast ancient land like avalanche.
Lord, Lord, there are so few of us and so vast a sea to salvage…he felt completely helpless when he realized that the recent two dreams of three dysfunctional churches he heard from someone aptly described churches in that ancient land he saw a year ago in his dream.
Indeed he has known this for quite sometime. People of God had been crying day and night for the Word of God. But he has wished that many others would hear and go instead of him alone.
When Prophet Elijah had practically worn out himself trying to flee from his tormentor, the Lord told him that He had in fact preserved 7000 like Elijah in a small nation like Israel. In short, the Lord has multiple backup plan.
Thus, one morning the watchman cried out as hope surged in his heart, O Lord, raise the Elijah and Ezra currently hiding (resting) in their respective hamlets (peaceful retirement), wake them from their hibernation now please!
He has taken to blowing his ram horn towards the four corners of the earth. O, retired watchmen, wake up, arise, shine! Surely some (the Caleb of watchmen) will hear the call and respond. Surely he would not be blowing in vain. Ezra had called and a group of Levites, led by Sherebiah responded with his sons and brothers (18 of them), and others too.
The Lord’s gracious hand was upon Ezra when he obeyed his calling. Yes, the Lord’s gracious hand is still working mightily today!


Ezekiel 3

1 And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat.
3 Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.
4 He then said to me: “Son of man, go now to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. 5 You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel- 6 not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you. 7 But the house of Israel is not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for the whole house of Israel is hardened and obstinate. 8 But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. 9 I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house.”
10 And he said to me, “Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you. 11 Go now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them. Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says,’ whether they listen or fail to listen.”

Ezekiel 22:30
30 “I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.
Ezra 8

Ezra’s Journey to Jerusalem

15 I assembled the exiles at the Ahava Canal, and we camped there for three days while I went over the lists of the people and the priests who had arrived. I found that not one Levite had volunteered to come along.18 Since the gracious hand of our God was on us, they sent us a man named Sherebiah, along with eighteen of his sons and brothers. He was a very astute man and a descendant of Mahli, who was a descendant of Levi son of Israel.

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7