May 30, 2009

day 87: sheep and tortoise

I have been interceding for someone close and whom I love dearly, a little child. I asked God to reveal to me wisdom so I know how to advise her mother. It was not easy as sometimes I ran out of words and I stayed silent before God, who seemed silent too. Then last night the breakthrough came in a strange way.

I went to bed early and had a dream. When I woke around 3am, I told myself that perhaps I need to look up those verses as they may be the answer God gives me. However, I immediately heard a shout from next to me, the wife is dreaming too and she shouted in a language which she does not use unless necessary. She uttered a full sentence but I managed to catch two words, “sheep” and “negotiate”. I immediately thought of John Chapter 10 (all about sheep) as I thought she was reading this before she slept. So I told myself the next morning I would look up the verses from my dream and hers. I went back to sleep and had another dream.

I dreamed that I cycled to a stationary shop and bought one small inexpensive item. I was asked to pay a great sum. I paid. Then I realized and asked why I had to pay so much. The shop lady showed me a long list of items for which she had billed me. I was puzzled and said I came on a bicycle and could not possible have bought such a lot of stuff. The shop lady explained, “It is because of ‘Yuan-Yuan’ which means ‘round-round’ in Chinese, in your elder sister’s car”.

I woke. This time I did not delay. I went downstairs. I worshipped and sang hymns. Then I prayed and waited for guidance from the Holy Spirit. I saw some pictures.

I had forgotten the verses from my first dream but I remembered the rest. So I read John Chapter 10 about Jesus being the shepherd and He laid down His life for His sheep. Indeed, He had paid a great price for His sheep. He said He has the absolute authority over life (to take and give). Then I was led to read Chapter 11, wherein Jesus said about Lazarus, “This illness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.” (11:4)

Jesus then resurrected Lazarus saying four key commands:

He commanded the people there “Take away the stone.” (11:39) (Note: The stone is put there by men, to prevent the stench from coming out.)

He told Martha (sister of Lazarus), “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” (11:40) (Note: Two conditions are needed, believe, and wanting to see the glory of God!)

He commanded Lazarus, “Lazarus, come forth!” (11:43) (Note: you need to come close to Jesus! Jesus is Life!)

After Lazarus came out he was still wrapped in grave clothes and Jesus commanded, “Loose him, and let him go!” (11:44) (Note: Loose him from all bondages that tie him down. Cut off those hindrances and he shall live as a free man in Christ!)

_________________________

I record below the pictures I saw before I read the Bible verses:

1. Jesus carries a little lamb (fat) on his shoulder, walking towards me.

2. Jesus carries a tortoise on his back, walking up a hill.

3. Jesus way in front, followed by a weather beaten tortoise (whom I believe, is me), and a long line of tortoises, climbing a mountain.

When the wife came downstairs I asked her whether she was reading John Chapter 10 before she slept. She said, no, she was reading Chapter 15. So it was the Holy Spirit that prompted me to read Chapter 10 after all which confirmed the second dream I had and also the two words the wife uttered.

What a strange but meaningful encounter. God answers prayers!

AAA Jack

May 28, 2009

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7