May 30, 2009

day 83: Come and See

I am led to elaborate on what I had recorded on the previous day. Jesus told the two novice followers to come and see if they wanted to know more about Him. This is what I have been telling practically everyone who asks me about whatever aspect of life they worry about. Come and see what? Come and see who? My answer is always Jesus.
Some people admire the life that I am living and wish that they can be this blessed. I always advise them to look at Jesus instead. I have decided to make my life as simple as possible gradually over the years and now subsist on very little. As I have mentioned before, I have cleared the sitting room of everything that I do not use daily. What is the point of having a lovely room with things that I hardly use? I hardly invite guests. I spend my time seeking God and meditating on His words. People do seek me out once in a while when they are in a dilemma. I do not give them advice on worldly matter anymore. What is the point? The inside will determine the outside. It is more important to get their inside right first. Otherwise it would be madness (doing the same thing again and again, because their insides are unchanged, hoping for a different result).

A number of thing happened. Recently I heard of the death of a man (an artist whose works sell well). He suffered from heart attack and had an operation. Then he decided to seek divine healing so he became a Christian and came to the Prayer House. However, because he still hoped to sell more of his art, he continued to be involved in working on idols. When he was again feeling quite sick he came back to the Prayer House, but he died while sitting on a bench chatting. He screamed, “They are here to take me! Help!” collapsed on the floor and died instantly. Lately another person was under severe spiritual attack too. She kept having fever for no medical reason. She recounted that one day she felt as if her soul was being pulled off her body and she could not breathe and was choking before another force suddenly pulled her back into her body. She regained her breathing ability and survived.

Prior to these two incidents, I heard testimony of two dreams by two different persons. I sum them up as follows:

1. A young woman married with one baby (about 8 months old) dreamed that her father in law has sold his three cars. All were sold at a price 20% of the market price at that time. the salesman who came and took the cars away left his card which bore the number recorded in the Book of Revelation, “666”. When this happened the woman’s child was about 2-3 years old.

2. A man dreamed that he was on a plane. The plane tried to take off many times but could not do so and he was puzzled. Then he heard clearly the words, “It’s the economy, stupid!” The next day at lunch he walked into a bookstore and the first book he picked up was a prediction of worsening of the economy in the second half year until 2012.

I attended a large and prosperous looking church on Sunday and found that they did not preach about Jesus. They preached on the faith people in Hebrews 11 but omitted to preach the part about what motivated the faith people to remain faithful. Without knowing what motivated them, how could we learn to be faithful people too? I shall quote those important omitted verses as follows so the truth can show us how and set us free.

(From Abel to Abraham and Sarah) “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. But now they desire a better that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.” (Hebrews 11:13-14, 16)

Concerning Moses, “esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him (Jesus Christ) who is invisible.” (Hebrews 11:26-27)

“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that so ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that s set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Yes, they all had seen the invisible. The God who was to come into the midst of men. The faithful people had seen what others could not see. How did they see? They saw in their spirit.

My application: continue to see in my spirit how great and wonderful God is. So far I have only received three words and the urging to read three passages of the Bible. I received the word, “glory” first. Then I was asked to read three passages. Lately I received the word “holy”. Last Sunday morning I was pondering on these words before I attended church. I wanted to know what they meant, appearing to me as I woke from dreams. During the worship the short choruses were all about God’s glory and holiness. Then I attended the Prayer House worship too at night and the songs were about the same two words! The songs pointed our focus to Jesus. Then the worship leader ended his songs by singing one which proclaimed, “Glory, glory, glory!” to Lord God Almighty. Amen. (I shall continue to focus on these two words and see Jesus all the time)

Brethren, abide in Christ.

AAA Jack

May 24 2009

No comments:

Biblical worldview: how to reconcile?

 What happens when my generation is gone?  https://wp.me/pzRwB-9w7